When do I have to file an extension for my taxes?
- March 15, 2023 Deadline to file business tax returns or extension for partnerships, S corporations, or LLCs that are taxed as partnerships (Note that this is the deadline for calendar year filers).
- April 18, 2023 Deadline for C corporations, sole proprietorships (Schedule C), single-member LLCs or LLCs taxed as corporations, and individuals to file their tax returns or extension.
- Oct. 16, 2023: If you received a filing extension on your 2022 income tax return, your extended individual return is due on this date.
What are the Mileage Rates?
- Beginning on January 1 through June 30, 2022 the standard mileage rates for the use of a car (also vans, pickups or panel trucks) was:
- 58.5 cents per mile for business miles driven.
- 18 cents per mile driven for medical or moving purposes.
- 14 cents per mile driven in service of charitable organizations.
- Beginning July 1 through December 31, 2022 the standard mileage rates for the use of a car (also vans, pickups or panel trucks) was:
- 62.5 cents per mile for business miles driven
- 22 cents per mile for medical purposes
- 14 cents per mile for medical purposes